Goodwill Housing Strategies is a non-profit organization with 501 (3)(C) status formed with the goal to assist in the initiative to improve derelict properties. Our mission is as follows: Raise property values while reducing the strain that abandoned homes place on the city. Goodwill Housing Strategies provide the opportunity of home-ownership for families who may not otherwise have the opportunity. The second chance initiative will provide training and job creation for previously incarcerated individuals. Goodwill Housing Strategies will Erect homes for thousands of young disabled individuals requiring handi-accessible homes.
Why We Do It
- Abandoned homes put a financial strain on the city. Overuse of resources such as the fire department, police force due to fires, thefts, and crimes such as prostitution and drug activity in these derelict areas.
- The revenue received from these regenerated communities will allow funds for schools and infrastructure.
- Abandoned boarded and derelict homes put a strain on property values for the surrounding homes
- Scraping the home is a costly expense the city may not be able to recoup
- Abandoned homes are money drains to the city due to an inability to collect taxes
- Thefts of electricity and water are at risk in an abandoned home
- Causes liens that may not be recouped by the city
- Reduction on the strain of law enforcement due to a high rate of crime, vagrancy
- The goal is to remove the strain of these properties by improving these properties
- The city would provide Goodwill housing strategies with a block of boarded homes.
- The city will provide tax incentives when homes are renovated and sold at an affordable cost to attract lower middle-class individuals to purchase affordable housing
- Resultant revitalization of the area will then expand to other neighborhoods
- Goal- 100 homes will supply jobs through the second chance initiative.
- Each home would sell for below market to provide for a home with equity for qualifying candidates.
- Partner with non-profits to assist with home counseling, closing cost assistance, lower mortgage interest rate, and built-in foreclosure prevention assistance.
- Improvement of the area will lead to an Infusion of new businesses.
- Job creation to help offset high unemployment rates.
- Thirty percent of empty lots purchased by Goodwill housing strategies will be used to build handi capable housing structures.
The mission of Goodwill Housing Strategies is to provide service to people in need, to advocate for justice in social structures, and to call the entire community and other people of good will to do the same. We are in need of abandoned homes to purchase. These homes put a financial strain on the city. Overuse of resources such as the fire department, police force due to fires, thefts and an increase in prostitution and drug activity in these derelict areas. Abandoned boarded and derelict homes put a strain on property values for the surrounding homes.